Latvian local partners and activities
Cultural local partners, description and activities
The organization “Creative Minds for Culture” is registered in Seja municipality, Seja district which is located in the southwestern part of Vidzeme, in the Riga planning region. The recognition of Seja county is based on more than 450 years old Seja Oak. Seja oak and cultural heritage of regional significance – Seja manor complex, Jaunkrimuldas manor building complex, Seja school, “Brankšu udensdzirnavas” and former parish house “Birzes” – are based on the identity of the county. Cultural life in the county is organized by two culture houses and three libraries.
Besides this project partner, in Latvia there are 10 other organisations who officially support the project and actively use its results in their everyday work.
NGO “Active rainbow”
An educational platform and community of people that celebrate personal growth and inclusivity.
They create safe and brave learning spaces and take actions to effect social change, defined also as activism. For this, they perform the following activities at a local, regional, national, European, and international level:
- Organization of international mobility programs through Erasmus+, European Solidarity Corps, and other funding opportunities.
- Organization of seminars, workshops, youth exchanges, training courses, conferences, public events, and other community events.
- Partnerships, networking, and participation in a variety of projects, including volunteering opportunities and internships.
- Support of youth initiatives, offering mentorship, training & promotion.
- Online events and activities, campaigns, webinars, podcasts, panels and more.
An NGO that is designed to empower youth and take them out of their comfort zone .to explore new possibilities for personal development. We are engaged in youth exchange, education, and personal development.
An NGO whose aim is to inform society and develop everyone’s understanding about society groups and identities that are less protected in their everyday lives.
An NGO whose main aim is to integrate society groups with extra everyday challenges (mental, physical etc.) into active life through art and creativity.
Activities of the NGO include:
- youth exchange projects under Erasmus+ program;
- e-heritage project that is a European wide initiative born from the will of different organisations, educators, artists and cultural workers to digitalise, modernise and innovate in the cultural heritage field.
- local informational campaigns etc.
Activities of the association:
- bringing together local government, non-governmental organisations, business representatives and citizens and developing cooperation;
- develop, in cooperation with the partners referred to in the previous paragraph, a local development strategy which identifies and justifies the development priorities of the local area and the need for change;
- to invite those living and working in the county to submit and implement projects that promote development of the county environment, increase the quality of life of residents;
- administering the financing of European Union funds allocated for the implementation of the local development strategy.
Baloži city culture house
A culture house in Ķekava district providing culture events and cultural participation opportunities all year long for local residents of Baloži city. Their yearly program includes concerts, theatre plays, cinema seances, contests, workshops, exhibitions, as well as repetitions and events for amateur culture collectives – local choir, dance collectives, theatre troup, child ensembles etc.
Jumprava village culture house
A culture house in Ogre district providing culture events and cultural participation opportunities all year long for local residents of Baloži city. Their yearly program includes concerts, theatre plays, cinema seances, contests, workshops, exhibitions, as well as repetitions and events for amateur culture collectives – local choir, dance collectives, theatre troup, child ensembles etc.
Limbaži district youth centre
A youth centre in Limbaži municipality that is administering all youthwork related questions and activities in the Limbaži district.
Their everyday activities include:
- Informing local youth about mobility opportunities;
- Organising events and activities under different topics to include youth and help in their development;
- Planning and implementing local youth strategy;
- Implementing projects for young people target audience.
Association “Ķekavas muzikanti”
An association that works in Ķekava municipality and consists of creative people, mostly musicians, who like to share Latvian intangible cultural heritage, history and traditional music through performing, playing, singing, dancing and organising local culture events for the people of Ķekava municipality.
Association “Latvian fund of Culture Development”
This is an association who is located nearby the capital and in its everyday activities implements different kinds of projects using creative methods in order to raise awareness about the importance of culture in the everyday life of society.
Their best known project is “Mana Pietura” under which a lot of local artists and young people came together to share their experience and create art on the bus stops in the capital of Latvia – Riga, in order to brighten up citizen’s travels and to brighten up the city environment, especially in the districts that are further from the centre and often have not been environmentally or structurally developed in any other way for a while.